Monday, November 14, 2011

Tamron Lens

I know most us moms want to better our photography skills in some way, even if we're not actually trying to become professionals at it. We all want to be able to take great pictures of our kids and capture those precious moments in a more artistic way. That's what has motivated me to invest in a nicer camera and take the time to learn how to use it.

I splurged a little and got myself a new lens. I actually didn't splurge as much as I could have because I chose to get the Tamron lens instead of the Canon. I've been doing a little research on the Tamron because I've heard they are pretty much the same, but almost half the price.

I've been wanting a nice wide angle zoom lens. I was about to spend $800 on a Canon one, but then decided to read some reviews on the Tamron. Come to find out these Tamron lenses are pretty comparable. Most reviews said they were very happy with the quality of Tamron, and very few even noticed much of a difference. The ones who did notice a difference were big time professional photographers. So since I'm no where near professional I decided to go this route. I bought it on Amazon and even bought a gently used one and saved another $100. Usually I won't buy electronics used because you never know how well they've been treated, but since returning items to Amazon is so easy (you just print off the shipping label and they even pay the shipping), I decided I didn't have much to lose.

Here's the lens I chose.

Tamron AF 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5


I love it because I can take WAY better pictures of rooms in my house or lanscapes. I love that you can get MORE in the shot.
See what I mean? With all my other lenses I'd only be able to get the entertainment center in this shot (I took this picture at night so the lighting wasn't the best).
Here's my entry way. It's actually a pretty small space, but with this lens you can see the whole space. Usually I'd have to take like 4 different shots just for you to get an idea of what the area looks like.
Isn't that cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment