Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Lily's 6th Birthday Party

We celebrated Lily's birthday this week. I planned it a week early hoping to catch the nice weather we've had lately. But unfortunately Fall decided to join us the day of the party. We were going to have pony rides in our back yard and Princess Amerah. The pony rides didn't work out, but we had a blast with Princess Amerah.
Hello Kitty cupcakes.
And fun little witches broom party favors that Lily and I made together.
These were actually a lot of fun to make. First we went on a little scavenger hunt looking for the perfect size sticks for the broom. Then we cut the paper lunch sacks together. Lily insisted on putting the rubber bands and bat rings on all of them herself. Here's how to make them.
Directions:

  • Collect sticks about 2 feet long.
  • You'll need two paper sacks for each broom. Fill one bag up with candy and dollor toys.
  • Cut the bottom off of the other sack, then cut thin vertical strips, leaving about 3 inches of the bag uncut towards the top.
  • Slide the second bag (the one that's cut) over the top of the candy bag.
  • Wrap a rubber band around the top, not too tight.
  • Then gently slide the stick into the bag, be careful not to rip the sack.
  • Add a spider or bat ring around the rubber band.
And here's a little belly picture for you, well I guess it's not so little :). These days I'm feeling HUGE!!! I've got 8 more weeks left, can that be possible?
Now I've got a little gift for you. Princess Amerah gave me an extra copy of her book so I would like to give it to one of YOU! Just leave me a comment below and I will randomly select one of you. The one I select will get a copy of this awesome childrens book about Princess Amerah's magic dress.
You can purchase a copy of the book HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment