Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cucumbers For Acne And Weight Loss

Aren't these cucumbers beautiful!!!
They came right out of my garden. I'm a major cucumber lover so in the spring I planted a ton of them. I think I went a little overboard though because I'm getting about this many every few days. I hated the thought of them going to waste so I've been juicing them like crazy.
Since I've been drinking so much cucumber juice I decided to research the health benefits. I was excited to find out that they really help with all kinds of skin problems including acne, which is the one thing I struggle with most, especially now with all the hormones from pregnancy.
Here are some of the great things I learned about cucumbers:

  • Eating cucumbers may decrease the appearance of blemishes such as pimples and blackheads making it an effective and an often-referred remedy for acne.
  • Drinking cucumber juice can help combat high blood pressure, constipation and even cancer.
  • In terms of dieting and diabetes, cucumbers are ideal for an afternoon snack to rebuke hunger for those wishing to lose weight.
  • Another great factor with this fruit includes its high percentage of sulfur and silicone. For this reason, cucumber juice may aid those wishing to increase the growth of hair and healthier nails.
  • Cucumbers contain Silica, which is ideal for healthier ligaments, tendons, and muscles, making it perfect for people seeking relief of rheumatoid problems such as arthritis.
If you don't have a juicer, no worries. There is another way of preparing it. Just get some sliced cucumbers, grated ginger root, sliced lemons and mint leaves combined in two liters of water, then refrigerated overnight. Or you can blend them up with some ice, fruit, yogurt and water for a nice refreshing smoothy.

When I juice the cucumbers I usually add some flavored stevia, ice, yogurt, a couple strawberries, then I blend it all together. It really tastes great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment