Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bedroom Decorating Ideas For Girls

There are so many ways to decorate a little girls room, and to be honest, I think I get the most joy out of creating my daughter a pink paradise :) . I’ve recently finished her room in Salt Lake, and am now putting the finishing touches on her room in St. George (Click HERE to see her SLC room). And before I reveal the finish product of her St. George room I thought I’d share a little something I’ve been working on.

I went with the green and pink theme, but then later decided I wanted to add a splash of chocolate brown to the mix. So here is how I’m doing it.

The bedding I bought was only pink, green, and white, so I added these little brown flowers to the pillows.


It was actually really simple. I just cut out different size circles of this think silky fabric, took a lighter to the edges to give them that flower pedal look, hot glued them together, added a rhine stone, then hot glued it to the pillow.





Then I got this cute little white pillow from Target and added these twisty flowers which are so simple to make. Basically you just take strips of fabric and twist as you hot glue to a round piece of felt.

Here’s a closer look.


Then later I decided I wanted to add some brown trim to the edges. So I just bought the trip at a fabric store, I think it was close to the ribbon section. Anyway, I applied it using this since I really hate to sew.


And this is how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment