Monday, September 19, 2011

What We've Been Up To!


I’m 15 weeks now and loving life. For a minute there I thought I was going to die because of all the morning sickness. Thank goodness for the second trimester providing a bit of relief before the huge and uncomfortable stage comes.


Sean’s getting a little jealous of all the attention I’ve been getting, so I let him join in the photo shoot.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This weekend we had a nice family BBQ where I served some AMAZING FOOD, if I must say so myself :)



Well I can’t really take credit for it since I simply followed the recipe from my new cookbook, Dadgum That’s Good!

Here’s a picture of the delicious Maple BBQ Turkey Burgers I made. The recipe really calls for pork sausage, but I used turkey sausage to make it healthier and boy was it yummy!!!!


These are actually pretty simple. Just chop up a green bell pepper, mix it into the turkey sausage and form into 4 (1/2-inch thick) patties, cover and refrigerate while you make the sauce.



For the sauce, combine 1 1/3 cups BBQ sauce, 3 T. maple syrup, and 3 T. apple cider vinegar.

Then grill the patties about 5 minutes on each side. Baste one side with sauce and grill for 5 min. then flip and baste other side, grilling for 5 min. more. Then serve on some toasted Hawaiian rolls, top with some coleslaw and wahlah!!!!


Here is my beautiful sister Robyn, modeling for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment