Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Favorite Juicing Recipe

People have been asking me to post some juicing recipes, so today I wanted to share with you my typical juice concoction. As we all know, juicing can be kind of a pain, so what we usually do is juice every other day, but when we do, we juice a lot (to last us another day). It's best to drink the juice as fresh as possible, but it can last up to 24 hours in your refrigerator. Just be sure to store it in a seal tight container.



I've also found that juicing vegetables can make the juice very hard to get down, but obviously we don't want to drink just fruits. The whole point is to get all your recommended fruits AND vegetables in each day. So we found a solution for the nasty taste.



It's liquid lemon flavored stevia, you can get it on Amazon. Just add a few drops to your drink and it's amazing how it masks the flavor of the kale, which seems to be the strongest of them all. I can totally drink this without a problem as long as I have the Stevia in it. It's a miracle!!!

Here's what I use for my daily juice.

* 2-3 apples

* 2-3 oranges

* 1-2 grapefruits

* 5-7 whole carrots

* 2-3 stalks of kale

* about a square inch of fresh ginger root

* Then I'll through in a little something extra like a zucchini, cucumber, grapes, a peach, usually what ever else I can find in my fridge.

* Then top it off with a few drops of the Stevia and you have a vitamin packed drink that actually tastes good!
I didn't say it LOOKED good :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment